Friday, July 19, 2019

 After a long sabbatical, I've decided to resume my blog.  For some strange reason, Facebook no longer publicizes my posts.  Funny that.  Oh, well.  I've chosen to do a work-around.  Follow along if it's your cup of tea.

*****




*****

“Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one; for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same miseries by a government, which we might expect in a country without government, our calamity is heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer…” 

-- Thomas Paine, Common Sense


*****

Something is true because you say it is...facts be damned.  Then your mind closes and the conversation ends, except for your subsequent accusations and personal attacks.  Racism!  Fascism!  Naziism!  White nationalism!  Oy, veh.  Have you never read history outside of tweets?  (I'm not speaking to you, dear reader, but to the dolts who happen upon this site.)

We have reached a level of ignorance for which there is no rational response.  Such intransigence no longer makes me angry.  Instead, I look upon such folks the same way I view a rabid dog -- poor creature, so sorry that fatal disease afflicted you, but what's one to do other than quarantine the crazed animal until the moment of its demise...or else find a more charitable end.  Otherwise neighbors may get bitten and afflicted.  I have no stomach for such communicable problems.  I choose to keep my distance and save my breath.  I was a Democrat many decades ago.  Then the Jeffersonian democrats left me in their wake and went a rabid direction.  So much for the Founders of this country and what they staked their lives upon.

My walk-away moment came in the 1980s.  I was younger then, and anti-establishment.  I walked the halls of academe.  Then I left the academy and entered the business world.  It was an eye opener.  All I can say is, mea culpa.  I discovered I had been a Republican all along,  Then I discovered I was neither Republican nor Democrat, but instead someone who wanted to think outside party lines.  Yes, I was a slow learner, but I wasn't stupid.  In 2008, I easily recognized Barack Obama as the b**sh*t artist that he was.  How?  Because I once was him.  He was a certifiable liar.  Or a tool for his overseers   I recognized the catch-phrases, the weasel-words, and the facial expressions of an almost true-believer.  Only, I WAS a true believer in my early years, until the ice got too thin.  Then I discovered that my ideology didn't support my convictions.  I still love Thomas Jefferson, but not those who bastardize his ideals.  Such as John McCain.  At some point, one must be realistic.  It just took me a while.  A little humility goes a long way.

My politics these days are similar to the premise of Alcoholics Anonymous.  I will help with politics if you want help.  If you don't, there's not much I can do...other than vote against you... and bring five friends along.  I could offer a more compassionate, rational and balanced response, but then, what would be the point?  Rabies is what it is, politically speaking.  Donald Trump understands this.

Okay, no more offers of help.

*****





*****

Lest someone thinks I'm politically biased and insensitive, there's also this:



If it doesn't come through, the video can be found here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMU2Vo6_CEQ






















Enough of these bon mots.  Until next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment