Sunday, July 22, 2018

What's Up with the Darwin Awards?

I'm getting frustrated with The Darwin Awards website.  The website is dedicated to those with a penchant for self-destruction -- such as the drunk guy who decided to urinate on a power line from his perch atop a water tower.  You just knew that left a mark.

Problem is, the Awards Committee has been admitting some weak candidates lately:

For example, they offer this nominee:

MARCH 2018, ROMANIA || A 50-year-old man was hospitalized Saturday after taking home a projectile he found on the field outside his village, and pounded it with a hammer, causing an explosion.
That's lame.  I mean, who wouldn't pound on an artillery shell if they found one in their backyard?  Look, hon, an unexploded round of ammunition, almost a foot long.  Fetch my hammer.  I'll fix a drink and meet you at the picnic table.

What I don't understand is why the Darwin Committee has ignored California for over a decade.  Such as this astute young lady:


 ... and these two possible taxpayers who traveled out of state:


I'm not picking on California, per se.  I'm just complimenting it for being talent-rich, much like my home state in the southeastern U.S.

I'll let Lewis Grizzard explain.  He was one of the southeast's most intrepid analysts:


We're all just one decision away....

No comments:

Post a Comment